The Grammar Plan Book: A Guide to Smart Teaching by Constance Weaver (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.48+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThanks to Connie Weaver, generations of teachers have come to understand that the most efficient way to teach grammar that's relevant for writing is to embed it within writing instruction. Now her <i>Grammar Plan Book</i> is designed with precisely one thing in mind: to be the best resource you've ever used for teaching grammar to strengthen writing. This new book helps you apply a limited amount of grammar instruction directly to writing and enables you to map out instruction in the way that best serves the needs of your students.</p> A complete planning tool, <i>The Grammar Plan Book</i> has two complementary parts. Part One describes an overarching framework for high-quality grammar instruction in conjunction with the process of writing. It offers: </p><ul><li>engaging examples of effective teaching </li><li>demonstrations of how that teaching has improved students' use of grammatical options in writing </li><li>suggestions for deciding which editing conventions to teach </li><li>an informal analysis of the grammatical content of typical ACT practice exams.</li></ul><i>The Plan Book</i> also contains ideas for encouraging students to make independent use of what they've learned in their own writing and about how to apply grammatical insights to enhance and improve their writing, from adding details to editing appropriately. </p> Then in Part Two, Weaver presents an exceptional tool for preparing to teach grammar related to improving writing: a minimal grammar handbook for teachers that doubles as a lesson planner. Everything you need to kw to teach major grammatical options, stylistic features, and conventions is included: <ul><li>basic grammatical functions within the sentence </li><li>grammatical options for adding details and sentence fluency </li><li>connectors (transitions) for organizational flow </li><li>parallelism and other rhetorical devices for emphasis and effect, style, and voice </li><li>stylistic options (dialect versus standard ) for different audiences and purposes </li><li>conventions most important for edited American English </li><li> rules that don't necessarily rule effective published writing. </li></ul> With a designated column for your tes, special lay-flat binding for your convenience, and helpful, comprehensive coverage of important grammatical concepts, The <i>Grammar Plan Book</i> is designed with one thing in mind: to be the best resource you've ever used for teaching grammar to strengthen writing. </p>
- Author(s)Constance Weaver
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Weight404 g
- Width214 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.