All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grand Budapest Hotel recounts the adventures of Gustave H (Ralph Fiennes), a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa (Tony Revolori), the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. Acting as a kind of father-figure, M. Gustave leads the resourceful Zero on a journey that involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting; the battle for an ermous family fortune; a desperate chase on motorcycles, trains, sledges and skis; and the sweetest confection of a love affair - all against the back-drop of a suddenly and dramatically changing Continent. Inspired by the writings of Stefan Zweig, The Grand Budapest Hotel recreates a by-gone era through its arresting visuals and sparkling dialogue. The charm and vibrant colours of the film gradually darken with a sense of melancholy as the forces of history conspire against a vanishing world.
- Author BiographyWes Anderson is the writer/director of Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Acquatic with Steve Zissou, Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr Fox and Moonrise Kingdom.
- Author(s)Wes Anderson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight195 g
- Width136 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.