All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grand Union (1970-1976), An Improvisational Performance Group recaptures the onstage and offstage life of a New York-based improvisational collective whose members included Yvonne Rainer, Steve Paxton, David Gordon, Trisha Brown, and Douglas Dunn. Generous selections from interviews with the principals offer an intimate view of a revolutionary moment in American dance and theater history.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Dr. Margaret Ramsay holds a Ph.D. in Performance Studies from New York University, and an MS in Dance from the University of Wisconsin. She was the founder and a performing member of Free Association, an improvisational dance/theater group based in Washington D.C. from 1974-1982. The author received a Fulbright scholarship for study with Mary Wigman in Berlin, and was later appointed to the dance panel of the Maryland Arts Council. She has taught courses in dance, theater, humanities and inter-arts while serving on the faculty of the University of Arizona, University of California Santa Barbara, George Washington University and recently at San Francisco State University.
- Author(s)Margaret Hupp Ramsay
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1991
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleArtists & Issues in the Theatre
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.