All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGranny squares are to crochet what pieced squares are to quilting. They originated with pioneer women using up precious scraps of yarn to make blankets for their families, and over the years, many recognized, named patterns have been handed down from one generation to the next. Beyond this treasury of 75 different granny square motifs, Margaret Hubert shows how the granny square can be used and interpreted in different ways with different yarns, and how today's crocheter can design her own projects using the granny squares of her choice with the yarn selection of today. Just as Margaret learned from her grandmother and mother and then passed the skill down to her daughter and granddaughter, each generation finds new uses and artistic ways to interpret granny squares.
- Author BiographyMargaret Hubert designs for yarn companies and book & magazine publishers including Crochet, Interweave Press, and Crochet Fantasy. She teaches at yarn shops, retreats, and national gatherings and rarely misses a national conference in the needle arts field. She is the author of 12 other books including five books in the Hooked series, Knits for Men, Plus Size Crochet, Knit or Crochet-Have It Your Way, The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, & The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting.
- Author(s)Margaret Hubert
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBeverly
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Publishing International, US
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.