All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the award-winning and New York Times bestselling author of Five, Six, Seven, Nate! and Better Nate Than Ever comes a laugh-out-loud sad YA debut that's a wry and winning testament to the power of old movies and new memories-one unscripted moment at a time. Quinn Roberts is a sixteen-year-old smart aleck and Hollywood hopeful whose only worry used to be writing convincing dialogue for the movies he made with his sister Annabeth. Of course, that was all before-before Quinn stopped going to school, before his mom started sleeping on the sofa...and before Annabeth was killed in a car accident. Enter Geoff, Quinn's best friend who insists it's time that Quinn came out-at least from hibernation. One haircut later, Geoff drags Quinn to his first college party, where instead of nursing his pain, he meets a guy-a hot one-and falls hard. What follows is an upside-down week in which Quinn begins imagining his future as a screenplay that might actually have a happily-ever-after ending-if, that is, he can finally step back into the starring role of his own life story.
- Author BiographyTim Federle is the award-winning author of the autobiographical novels Better Nate Than Ever and its sequel Five, Six, Seven, Nate! (Lambda Literary Award winner), which were named best books of the year by the New York Times and the American Booksellers Association, respectively, and was highly recommended by Hamilton's Lin-Manuel Miranda, who called the series, a wonderful evocation of what it's like to be a theater kid. The Great American Whatever was inspired by an accident near Tim's high school in Pittsburgh that changed the community forever. It is his first novel for young adults. Connect with the author on Instagram and Twitter at @TimFederle, and at TimFederle.com.
- Author(s)Tim Federle
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's
- Content Notef-c cvr (spfx: grit matte uv on gloss film)
- Weight239 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementExport
- Interest AgeFrom 14
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.