Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionWHAT does Christmas mean to you? From cake to crackers, trees to turkey and stockings to Santa Claus, The Great British Christmas explores Christmas past and the origins of the traditions we hold dear today. This delightful anthology includes the legend of King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone one fateful Christmas day; tales of the day a Puritan Parliament tried to 'ban' Christmas; and how the first ever Christmas tree arrived in England, courtesy of Prince Albert. Re-live a bygone era of merrymaking and indulge in Mrs Beeton's Christmas cake recipe or read Charles Dickens's memories of boyhood celebrations. This is simply the perfect book with which to celebrate Christmas.
- Author BiographyMaria Hubert is the author of The Brontes' Christmas, Jane Austen's Christmas, and A Wartime Christmas.
- Author(s)Maria Hubert
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note121 black & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.