All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.' 'F. Scott Fitzgerald's vel The Great Gatsby was first published on April 10, 1925. Set on Long Island's North Shore and in New York City during the summer of 1922, it is the story of an attractive young man, hopelessly in love, who, having worked so hard to improve himself so he can win back the woman he loves, finds himself in a world where money has replaced humility and despair has replaced hope.For me, the vel is a comment on the values and cynicism of east coast America almost a hundred years ago, a time when a section of society had suddenly become very wealthy and the American Dream was for most, thing more than the mere pursuit of money.' Peter Joucla
- Author BiographyF. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940) was an American author of novels and short stories. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest American writers of the twentieth century. He fi nished four novels: This Side of Paradise, The Beautiful and Damned, Tender is the Night and his most famous, The Great Gatsby. Fitzgerald also wrote many short stories that treat themes of youth and promise along with despair and age. Peter Joucla studied performing arts at Middlesex University. He taught theatre and music in schools and colleges both in England and abroad for several years before gaining full employment in theatre, first as Musical Director with Trestle Theatre Company and later as an actor with The American Drama Group. He founded Tour De Force Theatre Company in 1995 and has since directed nearly fifty productions for the company, which have toured extensively to large-scale venues around the world. He is also a composer and playwright.
- Author(s)F. Scott Fitzgerald,Peter Joucla
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight127 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.