All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the meaning and mystery of the great crosses of Ireland. It follows the personal pilgrimage of the author from his early interest in the Maghera Crucifixion to the mature personal appreciation of Ireland's scripture crosses which he arrived at in later life. He was privileged to meet along the way very special people who guided him n understanding the scriptural background and he art of the master stone carvers. It is a book about the crosses, but also about the pioneering study of he crosses which has led to the deeper understanding of our great heritage of sculpture. It tells the story of Francoise henry, the young French girl who fell in love with Ireland's artistic treasures and made their study and elucidation her life's work.
- Author BiographyOliver Crilly is parish priest of Tamlaght O'Crilly (Greenlough) in Co. Derry. He has a BA in Celtic Studies from Maynooth, and an M.Pil. in Irish Studies form University of Ulster in Coleraine. He was on the editorial team of Irisleabhar Mha Nuad when the magazine in Irish under the guidance of Dr Brendan Devlin. He taught in St Patrick's, Maghera, before going to Dublin to work in Veritas Publications, the publishing arm of the Catholic Communications Institute.
- Author(s)Oliver Crilly
- PublisherColumba Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintColumba Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight236 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.