All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the summer fair is canceled to make way for a physics conference, Jeremy agrees to help his uncle protest. But their mission is foiled by Audrey, a young science whiz, who sets out to prove that physics is in everything we do, and also is really cool. Audrey shows how physics can help a baseball pitcher throw a great breaking ball or a hockey player skate faster. She explains how gravity and the laws of motion make rides at the fair so exhilarating, and that forensic physicists could help the art gallery determine if a valuable painting is a fake. From sports to art to music to nature, Audrey shows how the laws of physics play a starring role. Steve Rolston's inviting artwork and clear diagrams ensure a dynamic, high-voltage ride.
- Author BiographyCora Lee is the author of The Great Number Rumble: A Story of Math in Surprising Places. She also writes science articles for kids. She lives in Vancouver. Steve Rolston is an award-winning comic book and graphic novel artist. He lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Cora Lee
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Weight328 g
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Steve Rolston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.