All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe vast and mysterious world of criminals, from ancient times through the 21st century, is vividly captured in The Great Pictorial History of World Crime. This unique and staggering reference work chronicles every major criminal act from every era. A definitive reference source to worldwide crime, this unparalleled survey is organized into sixteen chapters: *Assassination *Bigamy *Burglary *Cannibalism *Celebrity Slayings *Drugs *Fraud *Gangs, Gangsters, and Organized Crime *Kidnapping *Mass Murder *Piracy *Robbery *Secret Criminal Societies *Serial Killers *Terrorism *Unsolved Homicides Each chapter begins with an essay that introduces the topic and provides a concise overview of the historical, social, and political significance of the crime. Subjects are further developed crime by crime through descriptive entries covering the criminal acts, modus operandi, criminal background information, and motives, along with insightful anecdotes. In addition to being a being a vital and informative historical and sociological reference work, The Great Pictorial History of World Crime features more than 2,500 illustrations. More than a chronicle of chilling events, these two volumes provide gripping reading for anyone interested in true crime, law enforcement, crimilogy, and criminal justice.
- Author BiographyJay Robert Nash, hailed as America's foremost chronicler of crime (Chicago Tribune), is a four-time recipient of the American Library Association's Best Reference Work award. He is also the winner of the prestigious Edgar Allan Poe Award. He has published numerous crime-related books.
- Author(s)Jay Robert Nash
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight4857 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine101 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.