The Great Quadrangular Debate: Philadelphia 1893: A Reprint of the Speeches and Rebuttal by James Baird Weaver, Russell Conwell, Henry Watterson and SL Woodford Originally Published by the Farmer's Tribune in 1893 by Janice M Harbaugh (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAs the nineteenth century drew to a close, the United States was transitioning from an agrarian based ecomy into an industrial ecomy which then led to the mopolies and power of big business during the Gilded Age. During the years between the Election of 1892 and the Election of 1896, the political parties participated in a series of Quadrangular Debates in various cities. The Great Quadrangular Debate held in Philadelphia in early spring 1893 addressed the question: Which offers the best practical political means for the benefit of the working men of the country -the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, the People's Party, or the Church? This booklet is a scanned reprint of the speeches given at Philadelphia by James Baird Weaver for the People's Party, Reverend Russell Conwell, Henry Watterson for the Democrats, and S L Woodford for the Republicans. It was originally published in 1893.
- Author BiographyJanice Harbaugh is an educator, counselor, consultant, and an advocate for children involved in the court system. She is interested in Iowa history and especially in the effect James Baird Weaver had on nineteenth century politics and agrarian movements. Over the years, she has collected and archived many documents and artifacts concerning Weaver. These files have been used by researchers, students writing theses and dissertations, and authors of books about Weaver. Raspberry Ridge Publishing is dedicated to the preservation of significant and rare publications in the public domain. Publications are carefully scanned and restored from original sources, one page at a time, to ensure the best possible reading experience. Blemishes are removed and pages are color-corrected. Original publications of small size are enlarged for easier reading. Raspberry Ridge Reprints will help you discover the fascinating people and ideas of times long ago.
- Author(s)Janice M Harbaugh
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.