All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.09
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.48
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.01
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $7.33Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.76
About this product
- DescriptionHow the Chinese Zodiac Came to Be! The Jade Emperor decided to celebrate his birthday with a Great Race for his favorite animals. The first twelve animals to cross the finish line, he declared, would earn a place of hor in the heavens and become a symbol of the lunar calendar for all eternity. Read along as the animals, the emperor's Jade Stars, use their talent and determination to overcome obstacles, outsmart their competitors, and even form unlikely alliances in their quest for eternal glory in the lunar calendar. The Great Race is a folktale that is has been passed down among families from generation to generation. Share it with your children, who will learn which animals were rewarded by the Jade Emperor and that being the biggest and most powerful doesn't always mean you'll win! Read along as the Jade Stars overcome obstacles, outsmart their competitors and form unlikely alliances in their quest for eternal glory.
- Author BiographyStacey Hirata, a fourth generation Japanese-American, was raised in San Francisco, California. Exposed to an eclectic mix of cultures and customs at a very young age, social diversity and global awareness became a key creative influence through her childhood. Stacey eventually found her calling in the video games and digital entertainment industry. For more than twenty years she has led the marketing, brand, and creative teams for hundreds of video game creators. Charles Huang has been entertaining kids and adults for more than fifteen years. As a co-founder of RedOctane, he co-created the Guitar Hero video game franchise. He launched the Huang Scholars Program at his alma mater, the University of California at Berkeley, where he received a degree in Asian Studies. The Huang Scholars Program is a two-summer program that sends students to China or internships and language immersions. When he is not building entertainment or hardware products, Charles serves on the Berkeley Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Author(s)Charles Y. Huang,Stacey Hirata
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight354 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.