All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis reference work contains exhaustive histories of 31 of network radio's most durable soap operas on the air between 1930 and 1960. The soap operas covered are Aunt Jenny's Real Life Stories , Backstage Wife , Big Sister , The Brighter Day , David Harum , Front Page Farrell , The Guiding Light , Hilltop House , Just Plain Bill , Life Can Be Beautiful , The Light of the World , Lora Lawton , Lorenzo Jones , Ma Perkins , One Man's Family , Our Gal Sunday , Pepper Young's Family , Perry Mason , Portia Faces Life , The Right to Happiness , Road of Life , The Romance of Helen Trent , Rosemary , The Second Mrs. Burton , Stella Dallas , This Is Nora Drake , Today's Children , Wendy Warren and the News , When a Girl Marries , Young Doctor Malone , and Young Widder Brown .Included for each series are the drama's theme and story line, an in-depth focus on the major characters, and a listing of producers, directors, writers, anuncers, casts, sponsors, ratings, and broadcast dates, times and networks. Profiles of 158 actors, actresses, creators and others who figured prominently in a serial's success are also provided.
- Author BiographyJim Cox was the recipient of the 2002 Ray Stanich Award, given to one individual annually for prolific research and writing in old time radio, at the Friends of Old Time Radio Convention, vintage radio's largest annual event. In 2007, Cox received the Stone-Waterman Award presented by the Cincinnati Old Time Radio and Nostalgia Convention for outstanding contributions to the preservation of old time radio history. He is the author of numerous books, including The Great Radio Sitcoms (2007), Radio Speakers (2006), The Daytime Serials of Television, 1946-1960 (2006), Music Radio (2005), Mr. Keen, Tracer of Lost Persons (2004), Frank and Anne Hummert's Radio Factory (2003), Radio Crime Fighters (2002), Say Goodnight, Gracie (2002) and The Great Radio Audience Participation Shows (2001), all from McFarland. He is a retired college professor living in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Jim Cox
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width175 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.