Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.47
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.29
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.99
About this product
- DescriptionChina's ecomic growth is sputtering, the Euro is under threat, and the United States is combating serious trade disadvantages. Ather Great Depression? Not quite. Noted ecomist and China expert Michael Pettis argues instead that we are undergoing a critical rebalancing of the world ecomies. Debunking popular misconceptions, Pettis shows that severe trade imbalances spurred on the recent financial crisis and were the result of unfortunate policies that distorted the savings and consumption patterns of certain nations. Pettis examines the reasons behind these destabilizing policies, and he predicts severe ecomic dislocations a lost decade for China, the breaking of the Euro, and a receding of the U.S. dollar that will have long-lasting effects. Pettis explains how China has maintained massive but unsustainable investment growth by artificially lowering the cost of capital. He discusses how Germany is endangering the Euro by favoring its own development at the expense of its neighbors. And he looks at how the U.S. dollar's role as the world's reserve currency burdens America's ecomy. Although various imbalances may seem unrelated, Pettis shows that all of them including the U.S. consumption binge, surging debt in Europe, China's investment orgy, Japan's long stagnation, and the commodity boom in Latin America are closely tied together, and that it will be impossible to resolve any issue without forcing a resolution for all. Demonstrating how ecomic policies can carry negative repercussions the world over, The Great Rebalancing sheds urgent light on our globally linked ecomic future.
- Author(s)Adjunct Professor Michael Pettis
- PublisherBrilliance Audio
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrilliance Audio
- Weight91 g
- Width135 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time458
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.