All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChina's ecomic growth is sputtering, the Euro is under threat, and the United States is combating serious trade disadvantages. Ather Great Depression? Not quite. Noted ecomist and China expert Michael Pettis argues instead that we are undergoing a critical rebalancing of the world ecomies. Debunking popular misconceptions, Pettis shows that severe trade imbalances spurred on the recent financial crisis and were the result of unfortunate policies that distorted the savings and consumption patterns of certain nations. Pettis examines the reasons behind these destabilizing policies, and he predicts severe ecomic dislocations that will have long-lasting effects. Demonstrating how ecomic policies can carry negative repercussions the world over, The Great Rebalancing sheds urgent light on our globally linked ecomic future.
- Author BiographyMichael Pettis is professor of finance and economics at Peking University, a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment, and a widely read commentator on China, Europe, and the global economy. He is the author of The Volatility Machine: Emerging Economies and the Threat of Financial Collapse.
- Author(s)Michael Pettis
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight228 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised & updated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.