CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionA unique history of sporting literature; the first and only one ever to embark on a comprehensive survey of the gameshooting scene both as it was and as it stands today. In this new and revised edition the fascinating story is brought right up to date. Many of the shoots chosen are owned by the rich and famous, Brian Martin provides a rare insight into their social lives; providing fascinating comment on their own estates and on shooting generally. Before detailing the history and present sport of each estate, region by region, the author sets the scene by outlining the history of gameshooting in Britain: the changing attitude of society; how ecomics have played an increasingly important part; how the popular press has perpetuated an often inaccurate image; how technical developments have shaped both gunmaking and game rearing; and much more. The inter-relationship between shooting and conservation, and the important contribution ot the general welfare of our flora and fauna by the overwelming majority of shoot proprieters, are given special attention. This superb volume has become the established celebration of the gameshooting world today.
- Author BiographyBrian P Martin is among Britain's most successful country and natural history writers. He has written over 25 books to date. Including the best-selling 'Tales of the Old Gamekeeper'. Brian has contributed to numerous magazines including his weekly column 'Rusticus' which ran in the Shooting Times and The Countryman. He lives in the South West of England where he continues his interests in game shooting, natural history and conservation.
- Author(s)Brian P. Martin
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2007
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Sportsman's Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Weight1061 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.