All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis full color keepsake book explores some of the most debated concepts about the Supreme Creator -- GOD (kwn by many names)... *** Various debates have been contesting various questions = * HOW DID RELIGION GET STARTED? ... WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DEBATE OVER RELIGION...? ... WHO WERE THE FIRST CULTURES TO PRACTICE A RELIGION? .... DO THE VARIOUS RELIGIONS HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON?... ** THE GREAT SPIRIT is a full color keepsake book, filled with pictures to help illustrate the main ideas presented concerning religions, spirituality, and 'Almighty Creator.' ** The word = GOD.. . often stimulates most people to think of one or more of these concepts ---- * Religion.... * Spirituality.... * Higher Consciousness.... * Supreme Creator... *Yah... *Dios... * Jehovah ... *Divine Mother... * Heavenly Father ... * The Most High .... * 'THE GREAT SPIRIT' -- and many other names (and words). --- *** This colorful book takes the readers on a trip through history... exploring these concepts. ** DISCOVER MORE about-- ANCIENT PYRAMIDS .... MYSTICISM ... GIANTS... SCIENCES.... NATURAL HEALING... BUDDHISM.... THE LOST BLACK TRIBES OF ISRAEL .... the KABBALAH.... the ARK OF THE COVENANT..... 'BLACK MUSLIMS' .... and various other SPIRITUAL BELIEFS... ** ** Author Melvia Miller went far beyond what most writers, scholars and others who have researched these topics -- attempting to find meaning ( religious leaders, preachers, Afro-Consciousness promoters, Egyptian metaphysics researchers, historians, etc.) -- have said or written on this topic. Most readers will find deep kwledge about the history of religion -- and may find some parts of it * surprising....shocking... astonishing -- or perhaps enlightening. ** This author also illustrates that there are many common threads and similarities running through most major religious faiths. *** ** No matter what religion readers ascribe to -- there is something in this book that will inspire and enlighten them... including a SECTION OF HUMOR that also helps readers get better insight into these religious issues. This full color book contains historical facts, quotes from experts, humor, and pictures which offer insight into history, ancient religions, and the nature of THE GREAT SPIRIT...aka: the Supreme Being ...from a 'universal' viewpoint. IT INCLUDES SOME INFO FROM THE PAST THAT CAN HELP RESOLVE MODERN PROBLEMS. This material is also a great reference book for college students, seminars, religious study groups, etc. ...*In addition...there is a section about MENTAL HEALTH & VIOLENCE....* EDUTAINMENT ACTIVITIES ARE CONTAINED in a section at the end of the book.
- Author BiographyMelvia Miller is an educator & environmentalist who specializes in spicing up classes with her concept of EDUTAINMENT. Melvia Miller has won many awards and honors for her work. She previously worked as a teacher, training manager and consultant. Her books are written in easy-to-read language -- using art, graphs, pictures and some humor. She is an educator and author who has created activities and games to make school or workshops more enjoyable. Melvia Miller has previously worked for big corporations preparing training manuals & other materials -- taking complicated subjects... and making them a lot easier to understand. Because this author believes that PICTURES SPEAK THOUSANDS OF WORDS -- she uses lots of photos, diagrams, and artwork to enhance her writings. Her books seek to illuminate topics that are often controversial or contested by certain groups. She believes that such issues should be examined, reviewed, and presented in a way that people can become empowered.
- Author(s)Melvia Miller
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.