All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Great War is a landmark history that firmly places the First World War in the context of imperialism. Set to overturn conventional accounts of what happened during this, the first truly international conflict, it extends the study of the First World War beyond the confines of Europe and the Western Front. By recounting the experiences of people from the colonies especially those brought into the war effort either as volunteers or through conscription, John Morrow's magisterial work also unveils the impact of the war in Asia, India and Africa. From the origins of World War One to its bloody (and largely unkwn) aftermath, The Great War is distinguished by its long chrological coverage, first person battle and home front accounts, its pan European and global emphasis and the integration of cultural considerations with political.
- Author(s)John H. Morrow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.