All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.98Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $38.94
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn a powerful collection, eleven internationally acclaimed writers draw on personal objects to bring the First World War to life for readers young and old. A toy soldier. A butter dish. A compass. Mundane objects, perhaps, but to the remarkable authors in this collection, artifacts such as these have inspired stories that go to the heart of the human experience of World War I. Each author was invited to choose an object that had a connection to the war a writing kit for David Almond, a helmet for Michael Morpurgo and use it as the inspiration for an original short story. What results is an extraordinary collection, illustrated throughout by award-winning Jim Kay and featuring photographs of the objects with accounts of their history and the authors reasons for selecting them. This unique anthology provides young readers with a personal window into the Great War and the people affected by it, and serves as an invaluable resource for families and teachers alike.
- Author BiographyJim Kay is the illustrator of Patrick Ness s A Monster Calls, for which he won the prestigious Kate Greenaway Medal, and George McGavin s Bugs. He studied illustration and worked in the archives of the Tate Gallery and the Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, two experiences that heavily influence his work. He lives in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Author(s)David Almond,M.B.E,Marcus Sedgwick,Michael Morpurgo,Tanya Lee Stone
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width173 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.