All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost seventy years, people the world over have fallen in love with Frank Capra's classic Christmas movie It's a Wonderful Life. But few of those fans kw that Capra's film was based on a short story by Philip Van Doren Stern, which came to Stern in a dream one night. Unable at first to find a publisher for his evocative tale about a man named George Pratt who ponders suicide until he receives an opportunity to see what the world would be like without him, Stern published the story in a small pamphlet and sent it out as his 1943 Christmas card. One of those 200 cards found its way into the hands of Frank Capra, who shared it with Jimmy Stewart, and the film that resulted became the holiday tradition cherished today.
- Author BiographyPhilip Van Doren Stern (1900-1984) was an American author, editor, and Civil War historian whose story, The Greatest Gift, became the basis of the classic Christmas film, It's a Wonderful Life.
- Author(s)Philip Van Doren Stern
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight153 g
- Width134 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.