All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1982, on a whim, the English journalist Richard Clark upped sticks and left the country of his birth to go and work as a teacher in Crete. So began a love affair with the Greek Islands, to which he w returns on a regular basis. The Greek Islands - A Notebook is a series of snapshots of Journeys and Places, Culture and History, and People and Island Life on Greece's enchanted triangle of islands - Corfu, Crete and Rhodes and the islands in between. Whether a regular visitor or a first time traveler there, this book provides an invaluable insight into life past and present on these beautiful islands. The author is a writer, editor and journalist who has worked on an array of national newspapers and magazines in the UK. He is married with two grown up children and lives in Kent. REVIEW 'My library contains almost all of the teworthy books about Greece and her islands and this will be a welcomed addition. I will place it next to my collection of books by the late and great Patrick Leigh Fermor, because I think Richard Clark's writing is as close to Fermor as we will ever come again.' Aurelia Smeltz, author 'Labyrinthine Ways', 'A Lone Red Apple'
- Author BiographyRichard Clark is a writer, editor and journalist who has worked on an array of national newspapers and magazines in the UK. He is currently Editor of TVeasy magazine. In 1982, on a whim, he decided to up sticks and go and live on the Greek island of Crete. So began a love affair that has continued to this day, when he still visits Greece on a regular basis. He is married with two grown up children and lives in Kent.
- Author(s)Richard Clark
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.