All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionGreek civilization has inspired countless generations with its rich history and culture. With a history dating back several thousand years, it is one of the oldest civilizations. At different times, Greek lands have included areas extending from what is modern day Spain in the west to what is w India in the east. The history of the Greeks is intertwined with the history of many other great civilizations throughout history. It is a society that has made a huge impact on other cultures and has made countless contributions to the modern world. Most books written on the subject of Greek history focus on specific time periods. A reader must rely on a variety of texts in order to study the different periods in fine detail. By contrast, the Greek World seeks to provide the reader with a concise tool for examining Greek history as a whole. This enables the reader to either study Greek history in its entirety or to put specific periods of interest into context by learning more about the surrounding chrological events. The Greek World is an ideal companion for anyone interested in learning more about Greek history.
- Author BiographyA son of Greek immigrants, Leo M. Malliarys has been studying Greek history for over thirty years. Greek was his first language, and he still speaks it fluently to this day. He spent part of his undergraduate years at Stanford University and the balance at the University of California at Berkeley. He earned his master's in accounting from Golden Gate University in San Francisco. He has been self-employed for most of his life and worked as a computer programmer when no one really knew how to program computers. Malliarys went on to work as a real estate broker for over fifty years and started his own real estate company, along with an accounting firm. Severe heart health issues forced him into an early retirement. Writing a book of Greek history has been a lifelong ambition, and he credits his parents, Michael and Eleonora, for their teachings and patience. He is also grateful to his wife Maria for her encouragement and to his son Michael for his support and for his help with the book's introduction.
- Author(s)Leo M Malliarys
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.