All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe Green Design and Print Production Handbook shows you how you can create a green business culture, reduce your environmental footprint, and help the planet. Adopting a cradle-to-grave approach, the book explores green raw materials and green design, and how eco-friendly practices can be integrated into prepress, printing, distribution, and even beyond the door, in relation to returns. The Green Design and Print Production Handbook looks at the global context and frameworks for action, the unique challenges facing the industry--be it book, magazine, or newspaper publishing, or print for packaging and promotion--and how it can respond. This book is for anyone who works with print, from publishers, printers, distributors, and retailers to writers, editors, designers, and sales reps. Explaining how sustainable processes can be achieved without damaging the bottom line, it also introduces eco-friendly working practices that will benefit your business.Demystifies the current industry standards, including ISO 16759.Full of case studies and practical checklists.Offers achievable green strategies that will boost your bottom line.
- Author BiographyAdrian Bullock was production manager at the Oxford University Press for twenty years, playing a major role in setting up OUP India. He is currently Principal Lecturer in Publishing at Oxford Brookes University (UK) and has also worked on ecological issues and print management for the UN, the World Bank, USAID, UNICEF and UNESCO. Meredith Walsh is the senior purchasing controller for Penguin Group UK, working across Penguin and DK on all environmental and ethical projects, and responsible for their environmental management systems for FSC and ISO 14001. She represents PUK at Publishers' database for Responsible Environmental Paper Sourcing (PREPS) meetings and events, and at WWF UK Forest Trade Network meetings and audits.
- Author(s)Adrian Bullock,Meredith Walsh
- PublisherHow Books
- Date of Publication07/07/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHow Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.