All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of citizens realize that their food choices can help - or hurt - the earth. But with so many decisions to make (omnivore or vegetarian? organic or conventional? global or local?), how can a busy person navigate all the possibilities? How can we turn our food footprint into a green foodprint? The Green Foodprint is a concise, practical guide through the new world of sustainable food, full of inspiring facts and true stories. For a wide audience, the book highlights positive changes and the power of citizens. Foreword by John Robbins, author of The Food Revolution. You'll find answers to these questions (and more): What are the 5 guidelines that make my food choices sustainable? What one activity produces the most positive results? How do I kw if something is truly organic? How do I respond to conflicting evidence and debates? Can I really hold a green wedding? You'll read about: The mom who influenced 902 people to make an earth-saving decision. The wine detective who is saving endangered grapes. The cell phone service that helps you find sustainable fish. The town that was saved by food. The columnist and his friendly little guilt extinguishers. What about time and money? How to find earth-friendly food if I have more time than money. What to do if I have more money than time. What to do if I don't have eugh of either!
- Author BiographyLinda Riebel, Ph.D., is an environmental educator on the faculty of Saybrook University in San Francisco, and the director of the food and environment program Edible EdVentures at SaveNature.Org. For 25 years, Dr. Riebel was a therapist helping people heal from eating disorders, and now she is an advocate for food choices that are healthful for people, places, and all who share our planet.
- Author(s)Linda Riebel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.