All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Green Machines is a funny story for young fans of big machines who are learning to read on their own. Perfect for children aged 5-7 who are reading at book band green. The machines are t happy. The boss has told them to kck down the playground! They decide to run away - but how will they hide? And what will they get up to? The Froglets series is perfect for children who are reading on their own, with fun stories of more than 200 words and puzzles to encourage retelling the story and to help build vocabulary. Compiled in consultation with Catherine Glavina, PGCE and Primary Leader, The Centre for Professional Education, University of Warwick.
- Author BiographyAfter leaving Oxford with a degree in politics, philosophy and economics, Andy disappointed nearly everyone by joining a rock band. The band disappointed the record buying public and he moved to Amsterdam where he was employed to realise the questionable ambitions of visiting American musicians. He returned to London to become a music publisher and then a professional skateboarder. His friend the editor Susan Hill encouraged him to write and there followed a number of books on implausibly disparate subjects. He won the Independent/Scholastic Children's Story of the Year competition with Spare Bear, which involved drinking champagne with Andrew Marr (the awards ceremony, not the story). Since then he has written over twenty titles, mainly for younger children and including the Little Joe trilogy. He is also the author of books on scuba diving and ultra-marathon running, as well as a (not very) grown-up novel, Accrual World. However, his most likely qualification for immortality so far is the advertising jingle, Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo. Andy invented the NatWest Piggies, has run across the Sahara Desert, ridden horses through the Atlas Mountains and these days tries to suppress an unhealthy interest in fast motorcycles. He is a mitra with the Triratna Buddhist Community, teaching meditation to prisoners in a high-security prison. He lives in the country with his wife, an English teacher, and their daughter.
- Author(s)Andy Blackford
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleFroglets
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustration
- Weight80 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Byrne
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.38
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.