All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover a treasure trove of herbal witchery including 52 herbs and their magical properties for spell-casting, and learn spells for love, fertility, money, wisdom and more. This beautiful, insightful compendium from Wiccan High Priestess Silja is the ultimate guide to herbal magic. The first chapters detail herbal mythology, magical theory and tools, plus different types of magic (black and white, candle magic, using charm bags and long-term spells), and ways of working, either alone or as part of a coven. Next, discover how to grow and store magical herbs, and the importance of the moon phases when planting and harvesting them. Chapter 4, The 52 Major Magical Herbs, lists these herbs and their uses in spells, rituals, alternative medicine and kitchen witchery; and includes the element they are associated with, what day or time is best for magic with them, and their associated deities, plus a simple spell for each herb. This is followed by Other Foods and their Magical Uses, focusing on a variety of enchanted ingredients such as lemon, poppy seeds and flowers. The spells section, Chapter 6, presents more than 50 spells arranged by theme, from love and fertility to prosperity, moving home, finding a job, friendship, health, wisdom and more. Chapter 7, Magical Herbs Outside Magic: Kitchen Witchery, suggests how to add a subtle, magical dimension to your cooking. Finally, Silja explains how to go about writing your own herbal spells. You will also discover how to keep track of the spells you have performed and how to kw if they have worked. Lavishly illustrated by Michael A. Hill, The Green Wiccan Herbal is a wonderful source of natural witchery that you will refer to time and again.
- Author BiographySilja writes the highly popular 'Practical Magic' column for Spirit and Destiny magazine. As a Wiccan High Priestess, she has led a Celtic training coven in Ireland, where she grew up loving the outdoors and the forest near her rural home. She is the author of The Green Wiccan Book of Shadows (ISBN 978-1-907563-64-5), published by CICO Books. She divides her time between Dublin, Ireland and Arkansas, USA.
- PublisherCICO Books
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note300 col artworks
- Weight551 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.