All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn conversation, children on the autism spectrum often struggle to select topics of interest to others. Many have strong, narrow interests and feel compelled to introduce these subjects when they talk. This book provides a simple visual model to help children experience more success in finding common ground in conversation. The Green Zone is a visual representation of finding common ground between one person (blue) and ather person (yellow) to create a green zone that represents the pair's shared interests. The book, illustrated with hundreds of photographs representing the range of other people's interests, clearly explains what the Green Zone is and how to find it, and contains many photocopiable conversation practice activities and reinforcement worksheets based on this simple visual. Ideal for use in classroom settings or at home, this attractive, full colour book is suitable for children on the autism spectrum aged 7 and up.
- Author BiographyJoel Shaul is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who specializes in ASDs. Through his organization, Autism Teaching Strategies, he provides workshops on social skills teaching and mental health treatment methods. He is co-creator of Ryuu social skills products, and author of The Conversation Train: A Visual Approach to Conversation for Children on the Autism Spectrum. He provides clinical and consultation services at The Watson Institute of Sewickley, PA. Joel's website can be found at www.autismteachingstrategies.com.
- Author(s)Joel Shaul
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note414 color photographs
- Weight653 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.