All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Greenwood Dictionary of World History is an indispensable, handy, and easy to use A-to-Z first-stop ready-reference resource providing essential information on over 2,000 of the most studied and important people, events, places, and ideas in world history from prehistoric to modern times, from all regions and epochs. Selection of entries-which are truly global in their range-was based on the guidelines and recommendations of organizations and agencies such as the National Council for History Education, the National Center for History in the Schools, the World History Association, the College Board World History Advanced Placement Test, and many of the state standards for history education. The content of the entries has been kept brief and concise to provide a definition or fundamental facts.
- Author BiographyJohn J. Butt is Professor of History at James Madison University, where he teaches Global history, British, Medieval, and Early Modern European history. His research interests include 16th- and 17th- century developments in agriculture and botany. He is author of Daily Life in the Age of Charlemagne (2002). Dr. Butt is also Director of Honors Study Abroad at Oxford University and the University of St. Andrews.
- Author(s)John J. Butt
- Date of Publication30/12/2005
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1126 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.