The Grey Lady Ghost: Of the Cambridge Military Hospital by C. G. Buswell (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.26Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.66Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScott Grey is a military nurse in the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps and member of the Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan. His fiancee, Naomi Scarlet, a Royal Army Medical Corps Combat Medical Technician is out on patrol with The Royal Regiment of Scotland on a mission to secure and destroy a Taliban arms cache. Both are trying to put behind them the horrors they witnessed in Iraq, on this their second tour of Afghanistan. Naomi's patrol comes under attack from a Taliban sniper, one soldier dies and ather is injured before he can be suppressed. The wounded soldier requires immediate evacuation by helicopter with the trauma team of surgeon, nurse and two medics on-board to work on him before surgery at Camp Bastion Hospital. Whilst they are scrambled Naomi keeps him alive with battlefield first aid, unaware that Scott is on-board the Chiok rushing to their aid. Their presence is felt by the Grey Lady ghost of the Cambridge Military Hospital which closed in 1996 and is being refurbished into flats. In life and w death she was a Nursing Sister of the Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service during the First World War. For decades she helped dying patients find comfort and brought them to their loved ones on the other side, often felt and occasionally seen by living nurses. She w waits for her new patient, Scott, a fellow QA, though w they are named the QARANC. After their traumatic experiences in Afghanistan Scott buys a flat in Aldershot, on the site of the former CMH and tries to settle down to work at the Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit Frimley Park. However he has health issues after a head injury sustained during a MERT evacuation that still affects him emotionally and physically. He starts to see visions of the Grey Lady ghost who takes him to a Casualty Clearing Station in France during the Great War and to the trenches as the Battle of Loos commences. Here the Grey Lady's fiance, Hugh, goes over the top with his regiment, The Gordon Highlanders. Though he survives, he is badly injured and becomes a patient at the CMH, where he has to keep his love for the Nursing Sister secret because her Matron will discharge her from the army: nurses in those days could t commit to their vocation and a husband. Scott and Naomi fear that the Grey Lady will part them and need to lay her to rest by letting her tell her story through Scott to its tragic end. Only then, they hope, will her haunting cease.
- Author BiographyChris joined the Army in 1987 as a Combat Medical Technician and from Keogh Barracks was posted to 19 Field Ambulance in Colchester. In 1988 he started RGN training and was soon posted to the Cambridge Military Hospital and began hearing tales of the Grey Lady ghost. He qualified as a staff nurse at the Queen Elizabeth Military Hospital in 1991 and was posted back to the CMH that year where he worked on paediatric, intensive care, casualty and medical wards. Other postings in his career included the Field Surgical team in Belize, Akrotiri in Cyprus and Haslar Hospital in Gosport. Chris developed a love for writing during his 10 year service career and has had numerous articles published in journals like Professional Nurse, Nursing Standard and the Nursing Times. He know writes full-time and lives in Aberdeenshire with his 30+ White Doves Fantails, 8 Pigeons, 4 Chickens, a Tortoise - o aye and a wife. To date he has never met the Grey Lady and will still run a mile if he did! He hopes that his series of military ghost stories in the Grey and Scarlet series won't lead him to be haunted because his running days are over. Read more about Chris at his website www.cgbuswell.com
- Author(s)C. G. Buswell
- Date of Publication06/09/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleGrey and Scarlet Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume 1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1 illustration
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.