All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo of the great nineteenth-century Romantics, Robert Schumann and Edvard Grieg, each composed only one pia concerto. These world-famous works are cornerstones of the concerto literature and considered among the most popular and accessible pia concertos in the repertory. Both works are paired in this finely made, inexpensive two-pia edition.This side-by-side presentation clarifies the close relationship between the two works. In his concerto, completed in 1868, Grieg gave Schumann the ultimate tribute, patterning his music on the Schumann concerto completed two decades earlier. Both are in A Mir. Both introduce the soloist immediately, in a dazzling outburst from top to bottom of the keyboard. Principal themes are unusually alike, as are episodes of tender simplicity and dramatic intensity.Both works are presented here in authoritative two pia playing editions. This classic format for two keyboards is the universal standard for students and professionals alike, for learning and rehearsing all pia concertos. It gives the pianist the most accessible form and practical means to prepare a work for performance. Dover adds to this practicality the convenience and ecomy of two major concertos within a single volume.
- Author(s)Edvard Grieg,Robert Schumann
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight477 g
- Width228 mm
- Height303 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.