Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Five Towns the following history is related by those who kw it as something side-splittingly funny-as one of the best jokes that ever occurred in a district devoted to jokes. And I, too, have hitherto regarded it as such. But upon my soul, w that I come to write it down, it strikes me as being, after all, a pretty grim tragedy. However, you shall judge, and laugh or cry as you please. It began in the little house of Mrs Carpole, up at Bleakridge, on the hill between Bursley and Hanbridge. Mrs Carpole was the second Mrs Carpole, and her husband was dead. She had a stepson, Horace, and a son of her own, Sidney. Horace is the hero, or the villain, of the history.
- Author(s)Arnold Bennett
- Publisher1st World Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Imprint1st World Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.