All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual shares thirty five horticultural-based activities appropriate for serving a variety of ages and abilities. Each project has been tested and fine tuned by the author in her work settings.The activities are particularly effective for use by teachers, recreation therapists, activities professionals, occupational therapists, beginning horticultural therapists and in-home-caregivers. Each activity/intervention comes with a photo of the project, step by step instructions and a helpfulhints page. Additional information, including developing goals/objectives, horticultural therapy resources, tools for the program, tips on serving those with memory loss and more is included in the manual. This is a dynamic tool for anyone wishing to add a nature component to their existing services. All of the projects can be done indoors. The manual shares tips on how to expand an activity if a garden component is desired.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR Pam Catlin, a registered horticultural therapist, has been working in the field of horticultural therapy for over thirty years. During this period of time, she was instrumental in developing over 50 horticultural therapy programs in Washington, Oregon, Illinois, and Arizona. She has practiced horticultural therapy in a variety of settings, including physical rehabilitation, pediatric and psychiatric hospitals, skilled nursing and assisted living centers, memory care communities, adult day programs, and services for those with developmental disabilities. Pam currently serves as the Director of Horticultural Therapy with Adult Care Services, Inc., in Prescott, Arizona. She is on the faculty of the HT Institute, based in Denver, Colorado, and serves as a college mentor in the area of Horticultural Therapy. She is a member of the American Horticultural Therapy Association (AHTA) and has been a regular presenter at AHTA and other conferences. Pam has authored chapters in two horticultural therapy text books.
- Author(s)Pam Catlin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.