All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.83Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.10Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionA classically beautiful picture book from Helen Oxenbury and Ruth Krauss. Share the universal experience of growing up and discover the rhythms of the seasons in this wonderfully timeless story. A little boy, some chicks and a puppy live on a farm. They see the first signs of spring growing in the fields and the little boy asks his mother if he and the puppy will grow too. Of course you will, she assures him, and as spring turns to summer he sees his dog growing taller and the chicks become chickens. But as the seasons change and everything grows around him, the little boy feels like he has stayed the same. Can he really be growing too? This charming story will enchant younger readers and is perfect for sharing aloud. Beautifully presented as an illustrated paperback, it is the perfect book for all little children wondering if they're growing too.
- Author BiographyRuth Krauss, a member of the experimental Writer's Laboratory at the Bank Street School in New York City in the 1940s, imaginatively used humour and invented words to create some of the very first books for children that highlighted the child's inner life. She collaborated with some of the greatest illustrators in children's literature, including Maurice Sendak, who described her as a 'giant' in children's literature, and her husband, Crockett Johnson. Helen Oxenbury is one of the most popular and acclaimed children's book artists working today. She has been honoured twice with the Kate Greenaway medal, for 'The Quangle Wangle's Hat and the Dragon of an Ordinary Family' and Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. She has set a new standard in board books and sold millions of copies of them worldwide. Helen lives in London.
- Author(s)Ruth Krauss
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Notechiefly col. ill
- Weight160 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen Oxenbury
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.