Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume makes an excellent site report in its own right, but the general, multi-period overview of social and settlement history, something which has been sadly lacking in past research, makes this a valuable addition to Iberian archaeology. Trial excavations were made at the site of Torreparedones in the Guadalquivir Valley between 1987-1992. This volume presents the results of the fieldwork and specialist studies: ceramics, small finds (metal, bone, glass, baked clay, worked stone, architectural elements), figurines, fauna, botanical remains and settlement history. This evidence is then used to postulate about the overall development of societies in central Andaluca from the Neolithic to the Medieval period. An important study of a regional area with a complex archaeological sequence - the value of this type of study cant be over-emphasised.
- Author(s)Barry Cuncliffe,Barry Cunliffe,Maria Cruz Fernandez Castro
- PublisherOxford University School of Archaeology
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleOxford University Committee for Archaeology Monographs S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 47
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University School of Archaeology
- Content Notemany b/w figs and pls
- Height300 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.