Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Guardian relaunched their new Berliner sized paper this autumn, they chose Kakuro as one of their launch vehicles. Kakuro (called Kakro in Japan and Cross Sums in the USA) has become the new number puzzle phemen gathering millions of fans worldwide. Older than puzzle favourite Sudoku and played for many years in Japan, Kakuro is best described as a kind of mathematical crossword. Like Sudoku, Kakuro is played on grids of varying sizes. Each grid consists of blank and filled squares similar to a crossword puzzle and the object of Kakuro is to fill in each of the white squares with the numbers 1-9 so that each set of blanks adds up to the total to the left or above. The same number cant be used more than once in each set. Some filled in squares have a diagonal slash across them with two numbers - one above and one below the diagonal. These are the 'clues' - the number in the top right corner relates to a horizontal 'clue' and the one in the bottom left corner relates to a vertical one. The Guardian Book of Kakuro features over 100 different number puzzles, graduating from 40 simple number games to 20 puzzles of medium difficulty and then finally featuring some really tough puzzle games for those who have mastered the skill. Each puzzle has been hand crafted by a Japanese inventor and is wholly original. The Guardian Book of Kakuro includes four pages of 'How To', explaining the rules and featuring example puzzles, plus a page of unique number combinations.
- Author BiographyCopyright (c) Nikoli in association with Puzzler Media, 2005.
- Author(s)The Guardian
- Date of Publication14/11/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight99 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.