All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Nancy Thayer whisks readers back to the beloved island of Nantucket in this delightful vel about two single parents who accidentally rent the same summer house--and must soon decide where their hearts truly lie.Sensible thirty-six-year-old Sophie Anderson has always kwn what to do. She kws her role in life: supportive wife of a successful architect and calm, capable mother of two. But on a warm summer night, as the house grows quiet around her and her children fall asleep, she wonders what's missing from her life. When her husband echoes that lonely question, anuncing that he's leaving her for ather woman, Sophie realizes she has idea what's next. Impulsively renting a guest cottage on Nantucket from her friend Susie Swenson, Sophie rounds up her kids, Jonah and Lacey, and leaves Boston for a quiet family vacation, minus one.Also minus one is Trevor Black, a software entrepreneur who has recently lost his wife. Trevor is the last person to imagine himself, age thirty and on his own, raising a little boy like Leo--smart and sweet, but grappling constantly with his mother's death, growing more and more closed off. Hoping a quiet summer on the Nantucket coast will help him reconnect with Leo, Trevor rents a guest house on the beautiful island from his friend Ivan Swenson.Best-laid plans run awry when Sophie and Trevor realize they've mistakenly rented the same house. Still, determined to make this a summer their kids will always remember, the two agree to share the Swensons' Nantucket house. But as the summer unfolds and the families grow close, Sophie and Trevor must ask themselves if the guest cottage is all they want to share.Inspiring and true to life, The Guest Cottage is Nancy Thayer at her finest, inscribing in graceful, kwing prose matters of the heart and the meaning of family. Praise for The Guest Cottage [The Guest Cottage] will make readers want to hop on the next ferry to seek out their own dreams and romance. --Laurie Higgins, Cape Cod Times [A] delightful beach read. --InStyle Praise for Nancy ThayerNantucket Sisters Thayer obviously kws her Nantucket, and the strong sense of place makes this the perfect escapist book for the summer, particularly for fans of Elin Hilderbrand. --Booklist Thayer keeps readers on the edge of their seats with her dramatic story spanning the girls' childhood to adulthood. This wonderful beach read packs a punch. --Library Journal Island Girls [A] book to be savored and passed on to the good women in your life. --Susan Wiggs Full of emotion and just plain fun, this vel is delightful. --Romance Reviews Today Summer Breeze Nancy Thayer is the queen of beach books. . . . All [these characters] are involved in life-changing choices, with all the heart-wrenching decisions such moments demand. --The Star-Ledger An entertaining and lively read that is perfect for summer reading indulgence. --Wichita Falls Times Record News From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyNancy Thayer is the New York Times bestselling author of The Guest Cottage, An Island Christmas, Nantucket Sisters, A Nantucket Christmas, Island Girls, Summer Breeze, Heat Wave, Beachcombers, Summer House, Moon Shell Beach, and The Hot Flash Club. She lives in Nantucket.
- Author(s)Nancy Thayer
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.