All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a guide to everything supernatural, pararmal, folkloric, eccentric and, above all, mysterious about the island of Iona and the nearby island of Staffa. Containing fairies and martyrs, Celtic gods, telepathy, exorcism and magic, druids, witches, mermaids, demons and saints (and based on the texts both ancient and modern), it is a fascinating introduction to the islands heritage. This is a guide that the armchair adventurer or the on-location visitor can revel in. Comprehensive entries covering Iona's tombstones, simulacra, standing stones, gargoyles, ruins, churches and archaeological curiosities are complemented by more than sixty photographs taken by the author and his wife. The book also includes tes and cross-references to enable the reader to follow up the sources.
- Author BiographyGeoff Holder is an award-winning television and video writer and producer. In 2004 he wrote and produced the popular six-part series Mysterious Scotland; he continues to write regularly on regional topics for the Scottish press. His previous books include Mysterious Perthshire (2006).
- Author(s)Geoff Holder
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleMysterious Scotland
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapproximately 60
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.