Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents overwhelming evidence of the positive impact of language training and filial language learning. By surveying and condensing the rich empirical findings that have been established over the last 35 years, Moerk specifies how relatively straightforward the training and learning interactions are. By surveying also the kwn relationship between less than optimal language training and delayed acquisition of even deficient end-products, the professional, whether in a clinical or educational setting, can also infer what interactional flaws to avoid. An extensive list of references provides detailed support for the arguments presented; support that shows that many of the fashionable denials of the teachability or the learnability of language have been disproved empirically. Lastly, the tens of thousands of children with language delay or deficiency are, though t a direct audience of the book, intended as the main beneficiaries. As professionals focusing on remedies are lead back from airy speculations of innate kwledge-and therefore pessimistic inferences is this kwledge if t shown in behavior-and are shown how language skills can be transmitted. Their clients can gain t only language skills, but could reap educational and professional success.
- Author BiographyERNST L. MOERK is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at California State University, Fresno. He has also written The Mother of Eve: As A First Language Teacher (Ablex, 1984), in the Monographs on Infancy series.
- Author(s)Ernst L. Moerk
- Date of Publication06/01/2000
- Series TitleAdvances in Applied Developmental Psychology
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol 20
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.