All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Guided Reader to Teaching and Learning History draws on extracts from the published work of some of the most influential history education writers, representing a range of perspectives from leading classroom practitioners to academic researchers, and highlighting key debates surrounding a central range of issues affecting secondary History teachers. This book brings together key extracts from classic and contemporary writing and contextualises these in both theoretical and practical terms. Each extract is accompanied by an introduction, a summary of the key points and issues raised, questions to promote discussion and suggestions for further reading to extend thinking. Taking a thematic approach and including a short introduction to each theme, the chapters include: * The purpose of history education; * Pupil perspectives on history education; * Assessment and progression in history; * Inclusion in history; * Diversity in history; * Teaching difficult issues; * Techlogy and history education; * Change and continuity; * Historical Interpretations; * Professional development for history teachers. Aimed at trainee and newly qualified teachers including those working towards Masters level qualifications, as well as existing teachers, this accessible, but critically provocative text is an essential resource for those that wish to deepen their understanding of History Education.
- Author BiographyRichard Harris is Lecturer in History Education at the University of Reading. Katharine Burn is Senior Lecturer in History Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. Mary Woolley is Senior Lecturer in History Education at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byKatherine Burn,Mary Woolley,Richard Harris
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.