All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe concepts and fingerings in this book have been developed by analysing the licks used by Charlie Christian. Chord shapes are moveable; thus one can play the riffs in virtually any key without difficulty by simply moving the shape, and fingerings used to play them, up or down the keyboard. The author shows how the chord shapes - F, D and A are formed, then can easily be modified to major, mir, dominant seventh and diminished seventh chord voicings. Analysing licks frequently by Charlie Christian, Joe has identified a series of what he calls tetrafragments, ie the core element of a lick. The identifiable 'sound' of a particular lick is preserved regardless of how many tes are added on either side of it, eg, pick tes or tag endings. Many examples are shown and played on the CD of how this basic concept was used by Charlie Christian to keep his solo lines moving forward. Weidlich also makes observations on the physical manner Charlie Christian used in playing jazz guitar and how that approach contributed to his smooth, mostly down stroke, pick technique.
- Author(s)Joe Weidlich
- PublisherCenterstream Publishing
- Date of Publication25/11/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCenterstream Publishing
- Content Noteports.
- Weight354 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.