All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionA Marine squadron commander prepares his men for combat and on the second day of the Gulf War, is shot down by a Surface to Air Missile and captured by the Iraqis. As a pilot, senior Marine and squadron Commanding Officer, Acree is a goldmine of the tactical information that the iraqis so desperately needed. Though he is brutally beaten and tortured during his 48 days of captivity, Colonel Acree refuses to comply with Iraqi demands. Woven with the account is the story of his new wife, finally married to her high school sweetheart and, as the wife of a commanding officer, finds herself responsible for supporting hundreds of Marine family members as her husband prepares his men for war. When her husband is captured, she finds herself in the eye of an international media storm and experiences her own form of captivity. She launches a massive letter writing campaign to pressure the Iraqi government and founds an international organization for Gulf War POWs and MIAs. Finally, after seven months apart, husband and wife are reunited and attempt the difficult road back to rmal life.
- Author BiographyCINDY AND CLIFF ACREE and their two sons, Mark Edward and Stephen Freedom, live in Pensacola, Florida.
- Author(s)Cliff Acree,Cynthia Acree
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleMemories of War
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrassey's US
- Content Note19 b&w photos
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.