All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionFor most people, being a single mother to three boys (two of them teenagers), sorting out your feelings for an ex-boyfriend who's w an international film star, pacifying an elderly father who keeps asking why you're t married, tolerating your bigoted brother, while keeping out of the way of a dismissive film producer who seems to have made a mission out of anying you, would be quite eugh of a challenge. Annie Lester however, is t only trying to tackle all this - she's also doing it in the small Gulf emirate of Hawar where, in the summer of 2002, the impact of America's decision to invade Iraq is just beginning to be felt. As her well-organised life begins to unravel in the most unexpected ways, Annie has to make some difficult decisions, and question where her loyalties lie. Are her sons defined by who they are, or by what they do? Can a British woman ever really be at home in the Middle East? And can James Hartley, the blue-eyed heartthrob adored by millions, really be serious about someone as ordinary as Annie Lester believes herself to be?
- Author BiographyGeraldine Bedell is an author and journalist. She lives in London with her husband and four children. The Handmade House was published by Penguin in 2005.
- Author(s)Geraldine Bedell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight145 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.