All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a dramatic Kundalini awakening occurred in 1979 from the influence and guidance of a great guru, this Yuppie housewife's life was thrown into a whirling spiral of mysticism and magic. Using the guru's mantra and practices, Ruth, entered a world of wonder and bliss. Spinning off the ground, reading others' thoughts, reading languages never learned, and dancing ecstatically were daily delights that eventually devolved into a heroes' journey of cleansing the subconscious of its hidden dragons. As the cleansing process scoured her psyche, nights without sleep, days spent in a living dream, and great winds of depression brought out revengeful ghosts, sucking all the life from the soul. She was on the classical hero's journey towards self-realization, described by Joseph Campbell in The Hero with a Thousand Faces. It had begun in bliss and then became a living nightmare. In 1979 one in my culture knew anything about such crazy behavior. No one understood this lonely, confusing process where boundaries of time, awareness and self cease to exist. Finally this journey culminated in a climactic but classic ego death spiral. After visiting the guru in person, receiving his invaluable assistance, the ghouls and merging realities stabilized and Ruth was once again, the reliable, sensible, sane wife, mother and graduate student. In 1993, still puzzled and embarrassed by the trauma caused to her family, Ruth began researching Kundalini, and 20 years' later has been able to explain logically what took place in those intense 18 months. Her wide-ranging research has lead to this comprehensive explanation of some of the most wonderful and miraculous attributes of being born a human. The book will bring comfort to those going through this phemena (or their families and caretakers) that can lead to their integration and emergence. For the truth is, Kundalini awakening is an ermous benediction. It is in fact as natural as puberty or mepause; it is human evolution, and as such should t to be suppressed or shamed but lauded and praised. It is our Mother of All (Kundalini) coming back to claim Her lost child, for She is the cosmic ONE within.
- Author BiographyBorn in the UK, and naturalized American, Ruth Angela was living a Yuppie existence in Texas when she had a strange prophetic dream. Some five years later, after becoming a mother, a graduate student, a pilot, and moving to Hawaii, Ruth was given a dramatic spiritual awakening. The amazing revelations and events that followed, sent her on a 30 year quest to understand this mysterious transformational process. This book is the culmination of her 20 years of research and integration. She is semi-retired, living in San Francisco, near to her family.
- Author(s)Ruth Angela
- Date of Publication14/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.