All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionA rediscovered trading classic Very few day traders make money - let alone $1 million or more - in the daily stock-trading battle. 'The Guts and Glory of Day Trading' tells the true stories of twelve otherwise ordinary people who have made or lost at least $1 million trading stocks. Their triumphant and tragic tales pull back the curtain from the gritty world of day trading to give a rare glimpse of the human emotion, the lives transformed, and the lessons learned, aside from the hype. Day traders aren't only market gurus and stock brokers, but regular people - classical pianists, burned-out photographers, moonlighting business consultants - who decided to pursue an exciting and treacherous phemen to achieve independent success and wealth beyond their wildest dreams. Their stories will inspire you, and - more importantly - show how you can improve your own trading strategies by learning from their successes and avoiding their mistakes. Every battle has its winners and losers. Every day, thousands of day traders take their battle positions in front of their computers to go head-to-head against the world's best, and most powerful, trading institutions.There are casualties, many casualties. But there are also victories - moments when an individual trader reaches the pinnacle of our capitalist system to take a profit. Making money isn't easy - with a 75 to 90% failure rate, only the strong survive, and only the most savvy live to trade ather day. But despite the negative press, a wildly unpredictable market, and the possibility of losing their shirts on any given trading day, these market mercenaries continue to trade, and day trading continues to grow as a profession. What drives them? In 'The Guts and Glory of Day Trading', you'll read the astounding stories of those traders who have been skilled eugh to make significant money, and the gut-wrenching dramas of those who were unfortunate to lose vast fortunes. Their stories and strategies will keep you on the edge of your seat. These valuable lessons from this trading dozen tell more than just the pits and peaks of stock trading. They teach the survival skills and tactics necessary to live to trade ather day. You can learn how to improve your own trading techniques by learning what most of them did right - and what some of them did wrong.
- Author BiographyMark Ingebretsen, has been writing about finance and investing for over 20 years. He is a featured columnist at TheStreet.com and his articles have also appeared in Esquire, Sports Illustrated, Chicago and numerous other magazines. He and his family live in Iowa.
- Author(s)Mark Ingebretsen
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.