All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The Gymnast Care Book on Injuries</b> gives you a plan of action for your gymnast's injury that you can put into place today, with easy to follow, proven protocols for the most common gymnastics injuries. There is very little information widely available on gymnastics injuries, and you can be left guessing what the best course of action can be for your gymnast. As a parent or coach, you have been to many different providers looking for answers for your gymnasts without much help. This can be extremely frustrating. <b>The Gymnast Care Book on Injuries</b> gives you easy to use, simple to follow, practical protocols that you can put into place today to get your athlete healthier and stronger than before. We've put our proven protocols for ankle, heel, knee, hip flexor, back, wrist, nutrition, and head injuries into the <b>Gymnast Care Book on Injuries</b> so you can kw what the leaders in gymnastics injuries are using every day to get their gymnasts back into the gym. All of the protocols for core strength, landing technique, and other injuries are the same ones used by the professionals that work with the worlds best athletes: Olympians. Get your <b>Book on Injuries</b> TODAY! This book is t only packed full of amazing information, it's also a beautifully designed book, with amazing pictures and easy to follow protocols proven to work.
- Author BiographyDr. Joshua Eldridge began working with gymnasts in 2010 during a visit to his wife's gym. One of the coaches asked if he could examine one of the injured gymnasts. With the help of Jenn Sonneveldt from Sky Valley Gymnastics and his wife Sara, the head coach at the gym, they developed a program for working with athletes directly in their gym. This program has expanded to several gyms and Dr. Eldridge travels the country giving clinics on nutrition, injury care, and landing technique. Dr. Eldridge is the inventor of The X Brace, designed to help alleviate the pain caused by Sever's disease. He has also assembled a protocol that is key in eliminating Sever's disease and returning athletes to the gym. Dr. Eldridge's protocol was published by the ACBSP and presented at The Olympic Training Center in 2013. In 2013, Dr. Eldridge was named to the USA Gymnastics National Health Care Referral Network and was invited to speak at the 2013 USA Gymnastics National Congress, USAG Region 1 Congress, and USAG WA State Clinic. In early 2012, Dr. Eldridge developed Stay Fueled, a nutrition program for busy families with athletes. Stay Fueled makes nutrition planning and implementation easy, fun, and extremely affordable for gymnasts and their families. In 2012, Dr. Eldridge spent a 2 week rotation at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs working with our nations elite athletes as they trained for the 2012 Olympic Games. He had the privilege to work with many sports including men's gymnastics, para-olympic cycling, wrestling, figure skating, fencing, bobsled and many more. He's brought back many of the techniques learned there and has implemented them into the gyms in which he has partnered with. In December 2013, Dr. Eldridge was a member of the emergency medical team for the Dew Tour in Breckenridge, CO. Dr. Eldridge has had the honor of serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan and volunteered in both wars to serve soldiers at troop medical clinics on top of his regular service. During these times, he served the ultimate athletes, while learning incredible attributes of athletes under extreme stress conditions. Dr. Eldridge is an avid sports enthusiast, is husband to one of Washington State's finest gymnastics coaches, and has four beautiful children.
- Author(s)Dr Joshua P Eldridge
- PublisherGymnast Care
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGymnast Care
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.