All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStef Wertheimer's net worth is estimated at $5.6 million and his invative mix of humanitarian and industrial development has seen him win the Israel Prize (the nation's highest hor), the Buber-Rosenzweig medal in Germany for his work in advancing peace through entrepreneurship and the Oslo Business for Peace Award. How did a man from such humble beginnings create this lasting legacy? Publishing in English for the first time, read Stef Wertheimer's incredible life story, told in his own words. Forced to flee Nazi Germany with his family at age 10, Stef Wertheimer came to British Palestine in the late 1930s. He promptly dropped out of school, learned a trade through apprenticeship, and played a meaningful role in Israel's War of Independence. He also started a company-ISCAR-that began in a shed and ultimately made him one of the world's great self-made industrialists. In The Habit of Labor, Wertheimer shares the lessons he learned from a life of strife and struggle in one of the world's newest industrial powers.Both a pragmatist and a visionary, Wertheimer has devoted much of his life to promoting Jewish and Arab ecomic development through invative educational and vocational programs, along with the establishment of a series of thriving industrial parks in Israel and in Turkey. The future of Israel, he believes, is t in military might or diplomatic alliances but in its growing ecomic clout. More than just a memoir, The Habit of Labor is an important testament to what can be achieved with dedication and creativity, and is a homage to the working man and how to strive for success while staying true to your beliefs.
- Author BiographyStef Wertheimer is a German-born Israeli businessman, philanthropist and former politician. In 1952, he founded the company ISCAR and eventually grew it into a multinational, multibillion-dollar corporation, later selling his stake to billionaire investor Warren Buffett in 2006. A former Member of the Knesset, he has taken an active role in Israeli policy. He lives in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Stef Wertheimer
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Note45 black and white & 40 colour illustrations
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.