All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionI hope this book will be useful to at least two groups of individuals: the nspecialist reader with a general kwledge of solid-state science and seeking an introduction to the theory and practice of the Hall effect in metals, and the specialist seeking a contemporary review of the relevant literature. The literature has been surveyed thoroughly up to the middle of 1970, while the more accessible journals have been followed to late 1970. I have been selective in cases where there is a great volume of literature, particu- larly in the case of old or obscure measurements of low accuracy, but in all cases I have tried to present the reader with sufficient information to judge whether a particular reference matches his interest and is therefore worth tracing. I compiled the book from reading the original publications, but inevitably there will be errors arising in transcription or inadvertent omissions. I hope the reader finding these will be charitable eugh to write to me. lt is a pleasure to ackwledge the numerous useful discussions I have had at various times with associates and colleagues, particularly Drs. Mme M. T. Beal-Mod, J. E. A. Alderson, R. D. Barnard, T. Farrell, and P. Mod. Their influence appears at various points in the text-although, of course, they must t be held responsible for anything I have written.
- Author(s)Colin Michael Hurd
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/05/2012
- Series TitleThe International Cryogenics Monograph Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note216 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1972
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.