The Halliburton Agenda: The Politics of Oil and Money by Dan Briody (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.92+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of the bestseller The Iron Triangle untangles a web of political back scratching in one of the world's most powerful companies Halliburton-a Texas oil-field company Dick Cheney ran before he became Vice President-has courted controversy for the better part of the twentieth century, but only recently has it received intense media scrutiny. In The Halliburton Agenda, Halliburton and its subsidiaries form the foundation of a fascinating story of influence peddling and behind-the-scenes political maneuvering that has only increased in momentum over the last decade-culminating in a firestorm of problems arising as soon as Cheney took office. This intriguing book shows readers where Halliburton has been doing business and with whom-topping the list so far are Iran, Iraq, and Libya. It also reveals how this juggernaut of a corporation has engaged in a cycle of profits that begins by selling products and services to potential terrorist states, contracting with the federal government during times of war against those states, then gaining valuable rebuilding contracts to help repair those states. It will also show how a Halliburton subsidiary, Kellogg Brown & Root, has become an indispensable part of the U.S. military, so much so that the two are indistinguishable at times. Halliburton is one of the first American companies to recognize the importance of aligning itself with powerful politicians, heavily contributing to campaigns, then cashing in on lucrative government contracts. Engaging and informative, The Halliburton Agenda carefully explores the arc of the company's success, its use of political affiliation, and the scope of its international business.
- Author BiographyDAN BRIODY is the author of the national bestseller The Iron Triangle: Inside the Secret World of the Carlyle Group (published by Wiley). Briody is an expert on the commingling of business and politics, particularly as it pertains to the war on terrorism and the so-called military-industrial complex. An award-winning business journalist, Briody has written for Forbes, Wired, Red Herring, and The Industry Standard. He has also appeared as an expert in Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, and has been a guest on the Today show, The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, C-SPAN's Washington Journal, National Public Radio's Fresh Air, and a host of other television and radio programs.
- Author(s)Dan Briody
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width143 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.