All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionKwn to posterity as Scottorum Malleus - the Hammer of the Scots - Edward I was one of medieval England's most formidable rulers. In this meticulously researched new history, David Santiuste offers a fresh interpretation of Edward's military career, with a particular focus on his Scottish wars. This is in part a study of personality: Edward was a remarkable man. His struggles with tenacious opponents - including Robert the Bruce and William Wallace - have become the stuff of legend. There is a clear and perceptive account of important military events, tably the Battle of Falkirk, but the narrative also encompasses the wider impact of Edward's campaigns. Edward attempted to mobilize resources - including men, money and supplies - on an unprecedented scale. His wars affected people at all levels of society, throughout the British Isles. David Santiuste builds up a vivid and convincing description of Edward's campaigns in Scotland, whilst also exploring the political background. Edward emerges as a man of great conviction, who sought to bend Scotland to his will, yet also, on occasion, as a surprisingly beleaguered figure.Edward is presented here as the central character in a turbulent world, as commander and king.
- Author BiographyDavid Santiuste studied history at the University of St Andrews, where he was awarded a master's degree with distinction. His other publications include Edward IV and the Wars of the Roses, as well as various articles. He is the creator, with Rae Tan, of the website Reflections of the Yorkist Realm (yorkistrealm.com). David currently teaches history, on a part-time basis, at the Office of Lifelong Learning, University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)David Santiuste
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.