All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hanbali School of Law and Ibn Taymiyyah provides a valuable account of the development of Hanbalite jurisprudence, placing the theoretical and conceptual parameters of this tradition within the grasp of the interested reader. Studying the vibrant yet controversial interaction between Ibn Taymiyyah and the Hanbali School of law, this book assesses to what extent this relationship was a conflict or reconciliation. The author takes a detailed exploration of the following issues: * the strength of contributions made to this School by earlier paragons associated with Ahmad Ibn Hanbal * the contextual constructs which shaped the tradition's development * the methodology and literature synyms within the classical School * the manner by which Ibn Taymiyyah engaged with the Hanbali tradition * the impact of his thought upon the later expression of the School's legal doctrines and its theoretical principles * the contribution made by this School in general to the synthesis of Islamic law. Giving background material to the Hanbali School of law, this book is a vital reference work for those with interests in Islamic law, the history of the Hanbalite tradition and its principle luminaries.
- Author BiographyAbdul-Hakim al-Matroudi, visiting professor at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, specialises in Islamic law, the Islamic Judicial system and Qur'anic Law. He has a specialist interest in Hanbali law and Ibn Taymiyyah. Recently published works include 'The Hanbali School of Law in the Light of Contemporary Western Studies', 'The Qur'an as a Source of Law: A Reassessment of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal's Use of the Qur'an as a Legal Source', 'Ibn Taymiyyah's Evaluation of Istihsan in the Hanbali School of Law', 'Circumstantial Evidence and Legal Stratagems in Surat Yusuf' and a study, annotation and translation of Ibn Taymiyyah's treatise 'Raf ' al-malam'
- Author(s)Abdul Hakim I. Al-Matroudi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.